The Auguste "Nonco" Pelafigue Foundation, Inc., is grateful to the Knights of Columbus Little Flower Council 3621 for their support. The Council is a member of the Nonco Foundation and also allows the use of the Knights of Columbus Hall for all of the functions of the organization--Annual Meetings, Receptions, Guest Speaker Series, etc. Thank you, Knights!
KC HALL RENTAL 387 Main Street, Arnaudville, LA 70512
Call Wayne Meche 337-662-5227 337-258-5546
The organization of Catholic men, the Knights of Columbus, was introduced in Louisiana in 1902 at New Orleans with the formation of Council 714. This order of Catholic laymen spread rapidly all through the state. Opelousas, New Iberia, St. Martinville and Lafayette all established councils within the next decade, and eventually Breaux Bridge also organized a council.
However, it was not until 1949 that steps were taken for the establishment of a council further up the Teche. This was at Cecilia, and the purpose of it was to enlist the Catholic laymen of that community and of Arnaudville. The first initiation took place at Cecilia when 47 new members were inducted into the order. The group was designated as Cecilia Council 3356.
The second initiation was held at Arnaudville on August 6, 1951, the class consisting of 46 candidates. They were still under the Cecilia Council
The first Grand Knight of this council was Pete Patin. His successor in that post was Laurent Laporte, who also served as on the Saint John Francis Regis Church Council, and the next Grand Knight was Hector Naquin, who later was ordained Deacon.
The Council has proved itself very beneficial spiritually and materially and has helped much to promote fidelity to the Church and its teachings, and to the regular reception of the Sacraments.
The Arnaudville Knights looked forward to the day when they will be able to organize their own Council. According to Chester "Doc" Broussard, who has served as Grand Knight, the Charter of the local Little Flower Council 3621 was issued on April 12, 1953.
The KC Hall is located down Main Street in Arnaudville and is the scene of many Knight functions.
Some of the above information was excerpted from ONE HUNDRED YEARS OF THE UPPER TECHE.
Knights of Columbus 4th Degree with Altar Servers Find Father Michael Arnaud as an Altar Server. Clergy: Monsignor Bob Angelle, Monsignor Daniel Lucas Bernard, Father Daniel Schexnayder, 1st Row: Raymond Lavergne, Murray Rabalais, Leonard Martin, Landry Rabalais, Chester "Doc" Broussard, Laurent LaPorte, Jim Huval, Emile Benoit. 2nd Row: Daniel Verret, Albert Braquet, Lawrence Richard, Leroy Darby, Ray Sturgis
The Bake Sale Crew, Fall 2014: Rod "Brod" Roy, Wayne Meche, Don Bergeron, Raymond "LaLa" LaLonde, Chester "Doc" Broussard
Chef Russell Kidder, KC Barbeque Fall 2014
The Crew, Barbeque Fall 2014: Lawrence Guidroz, Hook Willingham, Curley Knott, Wayne Meche, Gary Naquin, Larry Thomas, Charles Taylor, James "Jimmy" Schexnayder
Armand Brinkhaus, Mayor Jim Huval, State Representative Raymond "LaLa" Lalonde, Nealy Arnaud
The 10 Commandment Monument located on the south side of St. John Francis Regis Church was erected in memory of the District Deputy John Marks. Pictured L-R - Ricky Thibodeaux, Raymond Kidder, Tom Goscienski, Chester "Doc" Broussard, James Schexnayder, Rod Roy, Ron Turner, Michael Olivier.
“…lead a life worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.” Colossian 1:10 RVS